PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2012, 14:38
Lonewolf_50

Received 429 Likes on 270 Posts
Fascinating bit of ignorance among some posters here about what year it is: 2012.

Also fascinating ignorance by some posters about Puerto Rican Statehood, and sovereignty/independence, which have been internal issues in PR for about 40 years, perhaps longer, to include some of the first terrorist attacks on the CONUS. Oddly enough, the majority of folk inside Puerto Rico keep NOT voting to be 51st state, nor an independent nation.

There is a core, and at times vocal, faction within Puerto Rico who (~ 10% or so), who continue to agitate for independence. I heartily support their efforts. I believe they have the right. Why do you think they keep failing? Note: Roosevelt Roads has been closed for some years.

I also note that Hawaii is a state. The year is 2012. I note that Tasmania is a state of Austrailia, and Norther Ireland is part of the UK.

What a load of hypocrites, you lot. Particularly as Guam is a US possession, as confirmed by a recent war (1945) just as Falklands are a British possession, as reconfirmed by a recent war (1982).

You will also note that Guam has not been agitating to be other than a US territory. The year is 2012.

Any of you got an idea why they might take such positions?
Any of you actually know any Guamanians?
I went to school with a few.

EDIT: Sorry for the derail, but I get annoyed with people digging up ancient history when I am talking about current events. We don't time travel, folks. We can only move forward.