PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there a cable that connects Iphone's to your headset?
Old 14th Feb 2012, 12:38
Nose wheel first

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MilFlyer has decided for some reason that i'm having a dig at the Matchbox automuting unit.... I'm not! Nowhere did I mention the unit, nor did I imply that it was in use by my fellow aviator.

Originally Posted by MilFlyer
You need to clarify in your post that your 'trainee' wasn't using a Matchbox automuting unit (AI-1 or FC-1)

I know exactly who uses those units in Aus. Happy for you to correct me but if you don't correct your statement, you may be liable for legal action. Please either correct your statement immediately or reply that you disagree with my statement
My bold.

What I was trying to say was that I agree with Bloggs sentiment mentioned on the first page...
While reading "industry related material" in CTA cruise is fair game, I hope you are not bopping to your ipod when airborne when I'm around.
How that equates to having a dig at Mil's unit is beyond me.

The fact remains.... a pilot under training was listening to music from his iPhone through his headset and regardless if it mutes, doesn't mute, or fetches your newspaper in the morning, he was distracted when he should have been concentrating.