PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you find to be the greatest challenge?
Old 14th Feb 2012, 12:06
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it's not just EASA. FAA's user fee's bill has just been introduced by the Obama administration and even though it will get less traction in an election year, believe me, one day it will be reality. These things don't go quietly into the night - they will keep coming back and coming back until they get it through. $100 per flight for the use of the "system" (doesn't matter if it's IFR or VFR) is the proposal. At the moment, piston powered aircraft are exempt, but you and me both know that won't last longer than an election. The loot is far to juicy for them to ignore.

It's scary how right Milton Freedman was all along: "You think governments run on virtue and not on greed?"

My prediction of the future is grim - we will pay taxes through the nose, but then pay user fee's and spot taxes for everything. Want to pave the street outside your house? Pay. No longer part of the tax service. Want to drive a car? Gas tax, user tax, road tax etc. Want a pension? Pay a higher tax rate. Etc, etc.

Last edited by AdamFrisch; 14th Feb 2012 at 12:55.