PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Download "The Shepherd" By Frederick Forsyth
Old 14th Feb 2012, 09:47
The Old Fogducker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank-you for your comments, and I'm glad to be of assistance.

Lame O .... quite a number of people have encouraged me to write a book, and I may well do that when I actually retire. Several generations in my family have written hundreds of newspaper and magazine articles, and I do enjoy painting word pictures.

In support of the written content of any potential book, one of the regrets of my career is the lack of photos taken along the way. I doubt I have more than a dozen which cover 40 years in the business, which is a shame, and for being the son of a newspaper photographer, borders on being downright sinful.

There always seemed to be other pressing matters to deal with at the time, and there was always tomorrow for frivolity such as taking pictures of what at the time just seemed like my everyday, non-exciting aviation life, and there was nothing special about it. It wasn't until later that I realized that relative to the general population, that wasn't the case.

So let that be a lesson to you ... take lots and lots of pictures along the way. In today's digital camera era, it costs nothing to click that shutter button, and you'll look back at that collection of people and aircraft with fondness when you're ready to hang up your headset, and let someone else have a go at the seat.

All the best .... Fogducker