PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2012, 06:42
Robert G Mugabe

I too fly with the product everyday, and must agree with ezy. I'm sure these guys and girls are keen, and are masters of the fmgc, but i'm afraid many of them have no idea about energy and profile management or how to actually land the aircraft. Only yesterday I was in the crewroom and overheard a trainer having to take someone off line after a few months because he couldn't fly an approach and land. What is going on in this company?
In total agreement.

Some also show an inability to learn and improve. I find myself guarding the red button on every approach with the newbies. That is with an expectation of using it.

I am also finding they will report for duty while clearly unfit due colds and flu thus increasing the chances of infecting other crew members.

Instead of no tailwind/Config3 landings and x wind limits of a gentle breeze they might be restricted to gear up and "please could you get me the weather for......" Those limits could be relaxed if "operating with a trainer"

However on contemplation I now think more people should pay to fly in the hope that supply will soon outstrip demand and the market will adjust itself. If that means our" zero to hero" generation are cast out into financial purgatory after 6 months on the line and replaced by more "Jet time right hand seat lemmings" so be it.

Last edited by Robert G Mugabe; 14th Feb 2012 at 08:17. Reason: spelling