PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnair assessment : any information ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 21:30
figatelix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I agree with some of the post made by figatelix, in that you do get paid during the 400hrs/ 12 months (I don’t know how much you get paid) I feel that their course is extremely expensive and some of the cost must be for the line flying element.
Basicaly 2000euro + ID + Uniform + Staff travel to communte in n' out.

The price quoted for TR and line flying alone equates to about 27,500 Euros or £23,000 Sterling. Aer Arann is offering the rating for 17,000 Euros and Skyblue offer the rating for 16,500 Euros including the 6 take offs and landings required for the rating to be added to your licence.

I suppose what you have to ask is does Farnair have the most expensive ATR rating in Europe or is there a proportion of the money that is charged for line flying?
I agree with you. It's a "dissimulated" P2F scheme. At least, you buy a "deal".
But in the end you DO get paid, unlike swiftair.
2000euros nowadays it's crappy. I won't argue on this.

And just for the record, Farnair is faaaaar awayyyy from being the most expensive ATR Type rating in Europe or even in the world.
As a matter of fact, the most expensive one is in France, "Air Corsica".
45 000 euros. ( MCC included ). But yes... You do have a permanent contract with them after the training and the conditions are one of the best in Europe. (Close to Air France ones.)

ANYWAY...