PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 17:14
Cymmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say to Worldtraveler7, how would he feel if the useless CC on his flight decided not to board and leave the passengers on their own.
As a highly paid #anker would he be happy to not get any safety help, food and drink service etc?

I am a well travelled person currently working in Sainsbury's as a checkout operative (!!!) but I happen to travel in Business class when I travel UK-Manila etc, I would never fail to say PLEASE, THANK-YOU to any of the "staff" onboard.

I understand that they are paid to FIRSTLY ensure my safety never known a #anker to look after my safety, secondly to try to keep me happy whilst onboard their company aircraft to try to get me to fly again with them. I admire them as they work as I see,"stupid" hours , on at stupid o'clock, off after a long day but always (sorry 99% of the time) friendly, smiley and very effiecient.

I have worked in the customer service industry since the age of 19 to present day (I forget how old....maybe 44...), so I understand the pressures. Strangely in all my jobs the most I earned in a year was £15,000, but that is largely irrelevent, some people earn 6x the salary of cabin crew and seem to think this means something.

Keep on doing a superb job CC and of course flight crew, I wouldn't be safe without you. Food, drink, service of duty free's is (to me) an added advantage. Something I really enjoy, forget trolls like the moron that has been banned, I've seen these pratts onboard, I try to ignore them or belittle them, they are not worth it.

PS:
I'm on flight QR... to Manila via Doha from Manchester on 17th April....
Can I have some free wine? Oh sorry, think I get this extra service anyway....

PS: If I have insulted any #ankers, I DO NOT apologise.

Last edited by Cymmon; 13th Feb 2012 at 17:24.