PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 13:22
Lonewolf_50

Received 415 Likes on 258 Posts
I don't understand how anyone can stand the lies about "settling a dispute" since the dispute was settled in 1982.

If ever the Ministry of Truth was in operation, and Newspeak was running amok, it is at the UN and coming out of the mouths of any number of South American heads of state and their moutpieces.

The residents of the FI wish to remain British citizens. THAT is the key issue to hand. They wish not to be invaded by an aggressor, any more than Kuwaitis wanted to be invaded by Iraqis.

The Argies wish to achieve by lies and politics (ooh, sorry, I was redundant there) that which they cannot take by force, but which they would take by force if they could.

The Korean peninsula still has mine fields, since a certain nation proved it would engage in aggression and attach the other: North to South.

The British have a powerful data point that the Argies will use aggression to get a particular plot of land. See 1982. Argentina invaded someone elses territory, and started a war.
The British government are 100% justified in securing their territory and PREVENTING a war by being ready.

THAT message needs to be put forth over and over and over.

Mr Cameron, get with it.

President Obama, get a clue.