PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going with DEC
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 12:46
Boeing 777-300ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:As far as experienced FOs, I specifically mentioned “experienced FOs with airline command experience”. They passed upgrade somewhere and managed not to crash. Seems likely they could do the same at EK.
MagicCarpet with all due respect I dont agree with your train of thought. So should one gauge if one makes a good commander by the fact that he/she have never crashed a plane or by the fact that they had passed an upgrade before with their previous airline?

I am not sure whether you are a trainer or not. From your post I presume that you are not (please I do not intend to be sarcastic by this comment) as I am more than certain that you wouldnt have posted such a comment.

After doing training for a number of years both in house and on freelance I can say that the standard I have seen varies from shocking to not having anything to say during the debrief. I would not want my wife and kids flying with such 'captains'.That's how appalling some people out there are. One wonders how they managed to pass the selection process (most probably they were sweet talkers and bull**** their way around) when they joined.

I have seen guys arrive for their upgrade training unprepared and very complacent. Their decisions in the sim are uncomprehending. F/O's about to upgrade spend ALL their cruise time reading newspapers and magazines.