PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnair assessment : any information ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 10:46
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I agree with some of the post made by figatelix, in that you do get paid during the 400hrs/ 12 months (I don’t know how much you get paid) I feel that their course is extremely expensive and some of the cost must be for the line flying element.

I have a pdf training brochure from Farnair which states that they charge 33,250 Swiss Francs for TR and line flying, it does not state whether or not any of this cost is for line flying, when you add in the cost of assessment and some theory training the grand total is 37,740 Swiss Francs.

The price quoted for TR and line flying alone equates to about 27,500 Euros or £23,000 Sterling. Aer Arann is offering the rating for 17,000 Euros and Skyblue offer the rating for 16,500 Euros including the 6 take offs and landings required for the rating to be added to your licence.

I suppose what you have to ask is does Farnair have the most expensive ATR rating in Europe or is there a proportion of the money that is charged for line flying?

It would be interesting to hear from people who have been through the course and what has happened to them after the line flying finished.