PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow - I Flew Emirates Yesterday
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 08:21
worldtraveler7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capetonian "I know a couple of EK CC as family friends, but haven't really discussed this with them. They like living in DXB and are both married to men who have high earning jobs, and they live in 'luxury' and have high disposable incomes. It would be my idea of hell but perhaps what makes them happy is that they live in this artifical world and can spend their entire income on designer clothes and expensive rounds of Chardonnay and Veuve Cliquot with the girlies at fancy bars."

Nobody who is married to TRULY "HIGH INCOME" men will deign to do a job as a low-class server.

Perhaps your definition of what's high income is simply just way below the common benchmarks worldwide.

Somebody has testified these low-class servers make £1,200-£1,600 a month. That's disgraceful salary for any age, and are practically third world standards. If you say they can make such pittance and yet live in 'luxury' and have high disposable income, well, it's not because the salary itself is high, but because DBX is a developing cheap place. Is it? Its easy to live like a king in a cheap place, anyone who's ever had a hardship tour in a third world city like Jakarta or Mexico City knows that. With the sad salary that these supposed adults draw, I wonder how many buckets of tears they will be crying when they leave their low-class servitude and DBX one day, to find the checking accounts looking sadder than a teenager's.

The service of EK is good not because the staff are paid handsomely. It's simply because they have no labor unions. Either cower and grovel, or out.