PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 06:36
drag king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This package is insufficient to support the family of a DEFO, therefore the most experienced will not apply for KA. This leaves the less experienced and most vulnerable to apply for KA, with the obvious result that a larger percentage will fail the cours...that was the point.
I am aware of that, so no offence taken don't you worry. I have no family to support, I am not the greener wannabe on the field and with the present market in EU & Worldwide there is little choice: beggars can't choose.

If you have no jet time that makes it even worse as was proven when the last batch of turboprop guys ( the scabs) was hired. What a disaster....
That is a more interesting point: "failure" or rather extra training required are nothing new in this industry. Why is KA not willing to put some effort in recovering these guys? Is it worth to bin them after having invested so much cash in selection & initial training? Or are they so hopeless? I find hard to believe that an entire batch of TP guys can't fly a Bus as F/O and I wonder how they made through the 1st screening, though...

DK