PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 13th Feb 2012, 06:23
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceman
Very condescending!

Perhaps you could also grace us with your practical / hands on knowledge and experience of the flying the Airbus. ( An Airbus pilot TRE/IRE, + 20 years military- Rotary(piston/gas turbine) fixed wing (piston and fast jet), 6 years Boeing (757/767) and 16 years Airbus flying A340/A330)
Iceman, I apologize for stepping on the toes of a real Airbus Pilot , however you must admit that in the light of subsequent discussion, your statements were not quite accurate.

I am a retired USN F-4 carrier pilot with ~5000 hrs of civil and military time-virtually all of that involved actual manipulation of the flight controls. I've been the Safety Officer in two squadrons, Maintenance officer in one. I've seen first hand a number of accidents, investigated a number of them, and read thousands of accident and incident reports. I've been studying your Airbus flight control system for the last 2 1/2 years and I think I understand many of the Engineering concepts behind it.

I came to the conclusion 2 years ago that AF447 stalled at altitude and descended in a stall. When I realized how little actual hands-on flying time you folks are getting presently, I knew it must have consequences.

I did not go with the airlines because I realized that in order to make a small fortune in aviation, you had to start with a large fortune.