PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 05:58
RoAlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FEAST I - passed

As the title says, I've passed FEAST I on Thursday, the 9th of February 2012.

May I say it was interesting, and that I passed it with no prior 'training', 'practice' or 'excercise'.

I took the test in Bucharest, Romania, as I'm applying for an ATC job here, in Romania.

Several of my fellow candidates we're bragging that they got really high scores at the feasttest.com tool or at the skytest tool and they went on to fail the actual TEST! From the 10 people in my group, 3 passed(including me). Most of the ones who failled said they have been practicing for the test, but so did the other 2 guys that passed. It seems I was the only one that didnt practice. And to be honest I wasnt rested enough either because I live 600 km from Bucharest and the plane from Oradea to Bucharest takes of really early(0600 AM LT).

One thing that might have helped me, but not to much, is that I've been working in the airline bussines for 5 years now. Started out as a check-in agent, moved to OPS, made it to Ops Supervisor, and ATC is the next logical step.

In conclusion, I can't really say that preparing for the test helps or not(after all, I passed without preparing and 2 passed after hours of preparing). I think that you either got it, or you don't.

HINT: Read/listen to the instructions REALLY carefully, they explain you exactly what you need to do. If you know your English and have a bit of a passion for puzzle solving you can most certainly make it!