PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Junior GR3 a waste?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2012, 04:24
coarsepitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junior GR3 a waste?

A number of months ago now I completed my instructor rating, however unfortunately due to business reasons the school I did it with was unable to offer me a position. Since then I've found the search to be utterly fruitless and I'm starting to feel as though all of the time, effort and money I put into it was a waste - each time I've applied or enquired (and I'm entirely willing to move to any city in Australia, so I'm not limiting my options), it's the same answer - "nothing available" or "sorry, we're only looking for grade 2 and above".

Becoming very frustrating as I've been extremely keen to start work (I'd wash the planes and answer the phones all day long just for an hour or two flight time and award pay) but at this stage I'm almost thinking I should have saved my $15k+ and headed north, as it seems a junior grade 3 rating is next to useless in increasing employability anyway. How can you possibly get any instruction hours to get rid of the 'junior' if nobody will hire you in the first place

Appreciate any tips from the instructors here, and I'm sure there's a lot, who've been through similar situations.