PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C340(A) and C414(A) for bush operation
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2012, 21:29
Doodlebug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have the numbers to hand anymore, but I know that the range you calculate for the 402C is too high. The 404 may get up around there. Neither can reliably be blocked at 180, 175 is closer to the mark, unless you find a rare, unbent gem. Chuks is right regarding the 340's pavement requirements, it needs more than the 402C or the 404, which is one of the reasons why it's out for your planned mission. The maintenance-people in Namibia, the closest real AMO to your proposed operation, are geared more toward the Cessna-twins, with expertise and parts-backup developed accordingly. Sorry, no gen on the bigger Pipers, just had fun in Cubs and Aztecs. I think Orstraylya has quite a few bigger Pipers in the G.A.-scene, perhaps try their forum for this info, too? Re: the AVGAS-theft-worries, it's a given that an aircraft needs to be guarded or locked up in a very secure hangar in these locations, your old-timer will know. Even then, leave it unlocked and empty, as otherwise the locks will be smashed. Anything not riveted in place is gone, obviously.