PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2012, 15:36
BeT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill entertain you for a while - although you strike me as someone who wont be told.

- Why do I say dress smart? Because its an interview for a job, a very good job. Whether you realise it or not you are being assessed from the second you enter the building... how you dress, how you speak, how you interact. Seeing students turn up to the FEAST tests in shorts and scruffy T-Shirst is nothing short of embarrassing. I was interviewed alongside one other candidate back at my assessment; he was a Greek chap and I **** you not he turned up for the interview in shorts and t-shirt, flip flops and sun glasses. He thought he was Gods gift to the world - do you think he made it to the training?

- Frankly I dont care if you disagree with the notion that practicing isnt useful. Ive said already if it makes you feel better then do it, but please dont be under the illusion it will help you pass.

- Nothing in the thread helps you pass - well its a turn of phrase really. However seeing as most of the thread concerns itself with practicing ill stand by the statment. The thread goes on and on because new posters keep arriving and asking the same question over and over - people seem reluctant to accept adivce when they are given it.

- I 100% viewed my training as a gamble. I gave up a lot to move to a foreign country to start a job I had no experience of and I left everything behind with no certain future. How can that not be seen as a gamble? Im glad it worked out for me - but for most it does not.

- I dont have any statistics for how many practiced etc - how would I? I am a validated ATCO in Eurocontrol OPS, I am trying to help others as I was helped in the past.

You can take the advice as you see fit, but dont try refuting everything that is offered to you. It will make you look foolish.