PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2012, 15:10
alwayzinit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No good deed goes unpunished

Some time ago whilst attending the RAF drinking and shagging championshions ( Skiing) a bunch of mates and myself were taking advantage of a long lunch between drinks!
We found ourselves in a rather couth place, general banter was ensuing at which point a very distinguished looking chap, accompanied by 2 simply stunning ladies, Mum and daughter as it turnrd out, leant over to our rather vocal bunch and the following exchange took place:

DG (Distinguished Gent): "Hess cuse me but are you Gentlemen in the British Air Force?"
Us:"Er .......Yup"
DG: "Were any of you involved in the Falklands War?"
Us: "Yes" said the only one of us who had been, followed by gobby ****e (me sorry) chirping in with " and we kicked the Argies arses!"
DG. Unphased by gobby little ****e..........."in that case Gentlemen my country and I owe you and your collegues a great debt. For without your help my country would not now be a Democracy! I am the Agentinian Charge d'Affaire in Geneva!"
Needless to say I felt like, well, a gob****e!

However as the title suggests without our robust reaction to the '82 invasion not only would the FI be Argentinian now but Mrs Botox Kurchener would not be in office.

So no good deed goes unpunished.

( I still squirm about my spout even now!)

Lets hope level heads prevail.