PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In through the back door.......
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2012, 10:44
757_wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In through the back door.......

....no nothing sexually related i promise!

Recently out of flight school and have sent out the first lot of CV/Cover letters. (ps. Paid for a CV/Cover Letter and what a difference! Best cash i have spent throughout my training id say). Fully expecting only a handful of replies with the usual cliches, keep your cv on file, not currently hiring etc etc so i am thinking whats the next best move? I have a decent job at the moment which i intend to keep until i pay off the remainder of my training, which should only take 12 months at the most, but assuming nothing turns up in that time i am considering applying for other jobs within airlines to get my foot in the door, ops, cabin crew etc.

I dont have the money to pay for a TR and frankly dont really fancy going through with that for a good few years, would only do it as a very last resort.

1) Basically i am wondering if anyone else shares similar views at the moment?

2) Which types of jobs within an airline are generally best to allow you to make the contacts to get into that right seat?

3) Which airlines are best to target? Im thinking the likes of the regional carriers/Turboprops etc.

Any Input greatly appreciated.