PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew vs Train driver
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2012, 14:23
vegasbrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train driving!!!

I heard there is a few tower controllers at LHR getting there tickets to drive trains.

Not the Heathrow Express I might add . A beautiful old lady which embodies the skill of craftsmen and engineer's.

So if an ATCO can drive one it must be a piece of piss. You should see the state of the parking in the car parks at most centers/towers.
Reminds me of when i use to work as cabin crew and i use to enjoy watching pilots trying to reverse park in the staff car park several times and then minutes later they would be asking me how to use the new photocopier in the crew room, and i use to think to myself that these people fly planes

The beauty of steam, I've had several goes and all i can say is i doth my cap to those fellows, a dirty low paid but highly skilfull job not for the feint hearted.

And bearing in mind that this is an International site how about "Railroad Engineers" in America, now they are skilled people, even with my 10 years train driving experience in the UK they wouldn't even consider me for cleaning their locomotives let alone drive one.