PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Service Training PATH
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2012, 12:05
RJ.146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I was one of the members of the first ATPL groundschool course at AST, I have also completed my CPL and doing my IR with ACS flight training who also provide the flight training for AST.

My view of .... is:
Training Setup: The structured modular route seems to work especially if you have some experience and don't want to start again. Whilst still maintaining the form of a more integrated style course.

Fleet: The ACS fleet is generally very good, there are a good number of 152/Pa38's available for hour building and the Arrow and Seneca's used for commercial training are good training aircraft.

Ground School: I did my g/s when AST where using the Bristol notes and under a different CGI, but I know the new CGI and never had any issues with him. Our course generally achieved a decent average (and we were the first course).

Value for Money: Not so sure on this one as I completed my training between the two providers but the ground school element was very good for the cost when compared against the other full time courses.

On the ACS side: I've felt my commercial training has been really top notch and not had any issues at all, I passed my CPL and MEP 1st Series 1st Attempt and I am hoping to do the same with the IR!

Any other Q's PM away!