PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L@ser attacks on Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2012, 22:13
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And it's not just aircraft that are endangered - BBC report on train driver in Gloucester who had a laser shone in his eyes.
And they'll use them on cars, buses,... These are murderous cowards. Trouble is that if you try to ban the devices you will fail and just create yet another black market. On the one side, there needs to be adequate deterrent and on the other, 'armour' at least on public services where countless lives might be taken.

There is a difference, to my mind, between someone killing another for a rational motive -- e.g. to escape, to acquire, for love, and so on -- and quite another to deliberately murder people for the 'fun' of it. The latter group should be detained until they they are no longer physically capable of harming others (or executed if the regime permits that). A merciless justice and system of retribution with a high risk of detection would go some way towards stopping these murderers. There aren't many thieves in Saudi, and there aren't many one-handed men, either.

I guess that my views are politically incorrect, but each is entitled to his own view.