PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gnat Roll Rate and that fuse.
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2002, 13:12
fobotcso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle, you said "No manuals - just the result of the excellent levels of instruction we used to have".

That's nice, thank you. Although I musn't claim to to have been a waterfront QFI at that place, but I did my bit...

Serviceability was awful to start with. Maybe 15 or so on the line at first and down to low single figures by lunch time.

And the accident rate at the start was high for a variety of reasons.

After a couple of years, Eng Wg got its act together, the blanket stackers got a firm grip on the provision of spares before they were needed so that the cabs could be fixed promptly.

Standards and QFIs got a handle on training and the result was (with the addition of some Hunters) a training system that worked. But it was a training system that should never have existed in the first place. The Students' preoccupation in dealing with the Systems of an ac that they would never see the like of again was a quite unnecessary distraction from the business of learning Advanced Jet Flying.

But, like BEagle, I loved it and had no fear of it. You just had to know your drills....