PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jump Seat on East African Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2012, 18:59
odericko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmmh! at some point before answering i suspected this would be one of those queries that are turned into accusations of airlines at a certain part of the world not toeing the security line, not going to get into a fist fight over this, and discuss merits and demerits of it all, but companies have procedures incorporated in their operations manual on use of unoccupied jump seats in the cabin and in the flight deck, who qualifies who doesn't, be it company pilots or pilots from alliance partners, cabin crew etc and all this is done with security considerations as a corner stone, if the jumpseat is allocated within the prescribed guidelines in the ops. manual and i say again which is published with security and safety as key drivers then what is the problem i ask?

Anyhow there are always people like Kotakota foraging for controversy within these forums, to try and demonstrate their presumed higher level of security, safety and skill, if it makes you happy my friend......, if it makes you happy!

Wont be commenting further on this, so save it for the birds and yeah avoid the unsafe operators from this part of the world.