PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2012, 18:46
Ollie247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we all reading the right thing?

Good evening all,

As an avid follower of this topic/thread and this forum I have been following the new EASA standards with great interest. Like you all I have been unable to fly due to the genetics of poor eyesight and therefore have been able to gain my much wanted Class 1 certificate.

I have got to admit that I would be really interested to see the link that you have for this document as the document that I have been reading says something slightly different.

So I have been and reading the document and as much as I don't want to be a kill joy to it all but I think you may have been reading the standards for lesser medical certificates than the Class 1 we all crave.

The document is built in 3 parts:

Class 1 first, Class 2 second and then requirements for Cabin Crew last.

As far as I can see the visual standards for a Class 1 medical certificate seem to be very close tithe current JAR standard.

The changes to Class 2 seem to be quite different but I have got to admit that I'm not to bothered about those.

The major change that I think that I have seen is that there does not seem to now be a pre-operative limit for laser or refractive surgery for short sight as there is for long sight. (Myopia etc)

Now please don't get me wrong here, I want my Class 1 as much as the next person on this thread and have been wanting this since I was 5 years old, trust me that is a long time but I just don't want to be getting my hopes up if what I have read is correct.

So after my letter block of words, if anyone would like to correct me as I'm wrong I would be completely delighted for you to do so and to also get in contact with me as I have been an avid researcher of this for a very, very, very long time.

Anyway, good luck to all, let's hope you are all right and I am wrong and very much hope to share the sky's with you all soon.

Thanks

Ollie