PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2002, 12:11
InFinRetirement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The MOD response/link

TheAerosCo

Yes, I agree. I thought there was much in the letter sent to me by my MP. I too thought it would provoke further thought as you have done and as subsequently Ark and BDiONU have done. Still, there is time.

The letter from Adam Ingram is too smooth by half. His comments on the Boeing simulation is put forward as 'reliable' wouldn't you say? No matter how hard you try simulation can NEVER be entirely reliable.

In regard to Ingram's answer to the question that "negligence can operate either alone or in conjunction with other factors to cause an accident." I have replied to his analogy thus: If I had been driving along 'his' suburban road doing the required 30 mph, my brakes failed and I crashed into another car, or worst still into a brick wall, how could I have ever have been accused of being negligent? I did nothing to contribute to it.

It then follows that if the Chinook crew were flying at 150kts (IF that WAS the speed) and something happened they had NO control over how can they be negligent? It doesn't matter one iota about if's but's maybe's and best guesses or views of AM's - and ALL six by definition are doubts! If you can't prove what happened it CANNOT be negligence. Something happened to cause ZD576 to hit the ground, and no-one has proved what that something was. So, damn it, where is that proof of negligence?

It is beyond my understanding why the MoD cannot accept that which, if they took one step forward to see the reality we all see, would stab them in the eyes.

There is much too much doubt for it to be passed over as Ingram and his boss have done. There is something nasty lurking in the cupboards of the MoD and it is about time they stopped vilifying John and Rick and accept the principal of "no doubt whatsoever."