PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2012, 13:10
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey URGE, Noodlair, and Worldrover;
I just heard some really good news. I guy I don't know very well, but flew with once, also from United Airlines, just upgraded to Captain in the contract world. He was a really good guy, similar background to me, but a rustpicker instead of a jarhead. He was hired a few classes after you, URGE. He is junior to you.

When he was furloughed from UAL, he also went to the contract world, as an FO. He did his job professionally, met his commitments, and was awarded a 320 Captain upgrade a few months ago.

He now has additional, real, and verifieable flying credentials, in addition to the ones he had before. He didn't have to launder his license through another country's aviation licensing authority, or claim he worked for a now defunct airline. He did everything with honesty and integrity.

And now, he is sleeping well in his bed, happy for his good fortune, a bit of good luck, and proud of his hard work and accomplishments. Hopefully he will have a long and safe flying career. I wish him well.

This contrasts starkly with the choices of another on this thread, and those defending his fraudulant actions.