PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez (Merged 2010 onwards)
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 18:35
Scott Duch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently attended the Flybe/FTE MPL scheme. It was the phase 3 component which is essentially FTE's standard selection process - 4 written tests, PILAPT and interview.

Unfortunately, I wasn't picked by Flybe to attend the final phase but got an offer from FTE to join them on their self-funded ATPL course as I passed all the components of selection and deemed 'low risk' for training (that's what the lady said the top category was on the day).

Having done research for many years, I understand that CTC has pilots going through flexi-crew and OAA has Parc Aviation which place many pilots. What is FTE's current record in placing self-sponsored students? I see they have a respectable number of partner airlines but many of them select their own cadets, send them to FTE and then take them back after training is completed. Examples are Aer Lingus (got the last stage for the 2011 cadet scheme. Their cadets go through FTE) and Flybe is another.

I'm in my 3rd year of an AeroEng degree so I still have plenty time on my side before I did anything like this.

If anyone has any information on FTE's placement record it would be very handy, can't seem to find any on their website.