PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow academy
Thread: Bristow academy
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 17:09
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD, I see the few posts about BA were split from jobs thread. Understandable, if handful of posts are OT..

Well, the reactions you got from other pilots about being fired for laziness, was to the way you posted your statement, as if you're condoning or defending right to be lazy. I wasn't there and don't know details. I could ask one friend who trained there around that time, but he may not know either, since it's big place with many students and instructors.

Well, not to be petty, but people don't show their worst at the job interview and there's supposed to be ongoing assessment/info about the student that should speak for itself at the job interview for CFI job later on. Shame that they got complacent and taking stuff for granted to the extent of being fired. It goes to show that they'd still fix things, despite some preferential hiring. After all, it's down to the managers and chief/asst chief pilots who take the decisions.

I could understand local students, training part time, making their way to airport for the lesson, only to find out about huge delays or their slot bumped up/cancelled because of other training flights. It should only happen if said booked aircraft goes tech and then, they should be notified straight away.