PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 16:36
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one post only -

You are right that we should end this discussion, so I will answer your final challenges and move on. The case I have put forward refers to the principle of equitable pricing for identical products. Whether or not I personally would be considered wealthy or impoverished is entirely irrelevant and has no place in this debate. It is not about one customer. Perhaps you believe that people wearing suits should pay GBP5.00 for a tin of beans whilst those wearing jeans and a t-shirt should pay GBP1.00. Not so. The pricing of a product should represent the cost of providing it plus a reasonable margin of profit. And that includes EasyJet fares. The idea that I should pay extra for identical products because you deem me able to afford being ripped off is absurd. Think about it.

You go on to say that "this is not now about EZY". Yes, it is. And it has been throughout this discussion (wrt my postings anyway). For it is they who have introduced a discriminatory and predatory charge which penalises single travellers without any justification or resulting product enhancement in return. My point in mentioning minority groups is not to weigh the respective issues concerning each group, but to point out that single travellers are a minority group. They are. And EasyJet is discriminating against this group and deserves to take flak for its behaviour in consequence. I do not claim that the whole world discriminates against singles; far from it. BUT EASYJET DOES! That is the point here.

Unless I am directly addressed by a subsequent poster here, I propose to let this topic rest now. The points have been made.