PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 15:48
Andrew R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never realised Jet2 used to operate. Very interesting indeed. Would BMI Baby be a realistic option with say a 737-500?

I fly to Southampton from Belfast City on FlyBe at least once a month to see family. The loads on the Flybe BHD to SOU flight always seem to be really healthy which is surprising considering the average fare single is about £80+ pounds, whereas the average fare single to Bristol on EZY is about £40 pounds.

FlyBe are x3 daily to Southampton from Belfast and x2 daily at the weekends. Surely, as you say, there is a market for at least a 4x weekly to Bournemouth from Belfast on a 737 or a A319?

It annoys me that if I want to go anywhere in the South West of England I have to pay FlyBe's, high and sometimes extortionate fares to Southampton. Bristol isn't a option as realistically it's 2 hours drive to the South Coast or a trek cross country on buses and trains.

I'm really glad Aer Lingus regional are beginning flights from Dublin and I really hope it's successful. Maybe with more daily flights and/or larger aircraft.