PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nicosia FIR
Thread: Nicosia FIR
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 14:29
Gulfstreamaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mr ERCAN

I am certain that you and your fellow "controllers" are highly trained and extreemly competent at "controlling" traffic that is in your vacinity.

I am certain that the equipment is state of the art, and very well maintained.

BUT

The problem is not really the status of the airspace, but the total lack of coordination between you in the North, and them in the South.

My self and I am sure many other crews would be much happier if you actually talked to each other, rather than base your 'controlling" based on: aircraft relays, (which I do on a regular basis), or calling on 121.5, and hope that some one is actually listening.

As I say the problem is not the status of the control aurthority, but the potental for the own goal when there is an accident.

IF Turkey and the North wants to be taken seriously, then there must be ATC coordination between you guys.

Most of the problem could be resolved if the chart publishers actually used a BIG highlighter and marked the area with the remark, that ERCAN is a traffic advisory area and should be re-advised of the mandated ICAO controlling authority is not ERCAN. ERCAN should be advised of the commanders routing.....

I do hope that when the accident happens, and the blaim lies totally with ICAO for not insisting that there is only one authority, and that the crews do not get blamed.

ERCAN is an accident waiting to happen.

Please Mr Ercan, respect your duty, and try to be more positive in your relationship with the other guys. Having said that, my last few trips have been mostly much easier.

Many thanks from just across the border....

Glf