PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future UK Maritime Requirement to remain a secret
Old 9th Feb 2012, 14:23
Party Animal

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Sadly the RMPA situation gets worse as time goes on. I genuinely think Foxy understood the need for some form of MPA and would have been a good supporter when the MOD budget was back on line. Unfortunately, we now have a bean counter in charge who I'm sure will get the defence account in order but will probably resist any big ticket expenditures over the next 5 years. Additionally, the initial coalition predictions were that UK plc would be back on some form of economic track by 2015 and our next SDSR. This would probably have been the make or break point for a RMPA. With Foxy pushing and a little easing of finances, we stood a chance. Now the govt are slipping our economic recovery date to the right, we may realistically face a 2015 SDSR with even less money to manage and yet further cuts in capabilities.

Sorry to be a pessimist on here but I just can't see anything good wrt any form of MPA for at least a decade and maybe never again.