PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink to get more jets
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2002, 08:08
topgun0007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IWS

Not being smug, far from it in fact several friends of mine are with both Southern and NJS and I really feel for anyone in that situation.

It does not directly affcet me in any way what happens with any of the operators, but for runs on the board, fiscally the B717 makes to much sense to ignore.

If you care to listen to the bean counters who have now had time to get a real picture of what the aircraft costs to operate then the seven seventeen has a long future in this country.

No aircraft is ideal for all the routes it will eventually operate but like most things the best compromise is usually the way to go.

How many operators large and small have fallen victim to running too many types just to meet perceived market needs.

I dont know how my previous post could have been construed as smug, but if it did I apologise.

This is only my third post I think in 3 odd years of reading prune so its not very often I get on my high horse and I certainly dont enter into any debate without sound information behind me.

As I am led to believe, possibly the only thing that will stall the progress of the B717 is lack of available units.