PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 12:40
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe families can only afford one flight a year so charging them all may stop them flying this year. Singles like yourself who clearly (in this case) have more disposable income and travel regularly will probably be able to afford the increase? Its all really about getting all the revenue they can from each passenger.

I am not justifying it. I am just trying to explain it! Whatever it's called it all goes towards bonus payments anyway.

I just found your comparison of penalising people booking a single ticket similar to racism, sexism or homophobia, to be honest, rather amusing.

If its a blunder market forces will prevail and the charge will be changed, dropped or spread over all bookings.

Even if there is an admin fee and the tickets are still cheaper people will still fly EZY. If they aren't then they won't.

I actually pretty much agree with you. I just find your conclusion that its morally similar to oppressing other minority groups very amusing.

This is not someone oppressing you. It is simply business. That's life! By all means complain about the structure of the fee. That's fine. But please don't present a rather laughable argument that morally its the same as persecuting a minority group.

Personally though I don't think there should be an admin fee. It should all be wrapped up in the cost of the seat.

Have you written to the CEO to express your view? Try it. Rather than venting on here make a direct attempt to make change. Good luck.