PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future "Maverick"
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 11:09
coley chaos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Future "Maverick"

Gentleman...and ladies

One very proud father here... apologies if this should be on the spotters...but im just open mouthed...my 3 year old daughter and other half are at home in deepest Dorsetshire...my little lady could hear what she thought was a Chinook in the distance, as they regularly fly down our valley and we often jump on the balcony to wave and show ourselves friendly people.....my other half went onto the balcony to wave but got confused when the helicopter appeared down the valley....it didnt look like a Chinook...untill my 3 year old girl shouted..."Its a Huey mummy" at the top of her voice....

I assure you all...she has never seen a Huey or heard one, and nor has my other half....My little girl does however trawl through my "Airforces Monthly" mag with me...and she can tell most makes apart....

My colleagues in the office here cant understand my enthusiasm for the phone call Ive just had from my daughter shouting at me..."Ive seen a Huey...a Huey daddy"

So from one very happy little girl and one confused and nervous mum who thinks my daughter has something wrong with her liking and identifying helicopters by sound and sight....thanks to all of you who brighten up our days....and fly so low and slow as to make some peoples lives fun...

thanks to the AAC Huey...as it had..and I quote..."an orange box on the top"

The Coleys from Dorset