PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Danger with Rapid Rotations
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 07:29
Dani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotation is a VISUAL manoeuvre.
very true so, but as any visual manoeuvre you should never forget to scan for your instruments. Or are you advocating a visual approach simply by looking out?

There is no neighter nor, it is a "fading in" or out, a simple change in scanning rate. Airbus FCTM says it best when it says that you shouldn't look out anymore if you don't have references anymore. I wonder how much reference you get with 10° pitch looking forward and seated correctly.

I find it also funny when you play with the word "wide", since I'm not talking about the width of an aircraft but the shear mass and mainly length. There is no long body aircraft class as far as I know. Ridiculising a standard expression just makes me feel that you don't really get what I was saying.

Anyway, I hope you soon can make a transition to a wider or longer aircraft to proof my theory that not only the rate but also the correct value of degrees initial pitch up is essential.

I also favor HGS (Heady-up display) very much, I flew about 6000 hrs on regional aircraft with Cat III manual landing capability and can only see advantages in it. The problem is a financial one since the cost of the system is most probably higher than a few tail strikes or other incidents industry wide.

Cheers,
Dani