PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 03:09
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...... and then the airlines lose out hand over fist as they won't be marketing to the vast majority of the market. I'm like you, I think things could be made better by emphasising a little bit more quality here and there but your average Joe doesn't want it. Price price price price to the extent that a £199 fare to TFS is deemed expensive!

I've always made my feelings known about the card charges and admin fee.....I don't really agree with it either but it's unlikely to change until legislation is in place that forces ALL carriers to play on a level field. Until then it's not likely to happen.

That said, despite the impending doom propheted by some here, I don't think Easyjet will suffer. Yields are increasing, passenger numbers are generally increasing and profit is increasing at Easyjet which means they are doing something very right. Whatever mine or your views are on the matter Easyjet is a profitable business in a back drop of severe economic hardship and they are still extrememly strong. Whatever they're doing must be right in so many ways. Whether or not those ways are ethical, one can debate away.

It's obvious i'm an employee but I can be Easyjet's biggest critic but I don't always subscribe to the fact that the vast majority of the flying public are being misrepresented and infact want more staff, full service style onboard product etc etc. Of course the vast majority want it ....it's just the majority of that vast majority just aren't bloody prepared to pay it. So whilst I accept and agree that the fee maybe underhanded it's no different IMO to fuel surcharges and a large dollop of the blame falls squarely on you and I who forever demand low fares.