PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malev in financial trouble
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 00:16
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jabird,

I didn't mention the carrier or where they were routing via because I appreciate the sensitivities of (unpaid for) commercial advertising!

You talk of LoCo's to Russia ... here we go again, please don't believe for one minute that the all the travelling public want to travel with a, so called, LoCo because they don't, particularly when full service airlines can, often, be cheaper than these so called LoCo's.

Yes, I appreciate airlines need to profit hence, in the case of B737's operating to/from, let's say, Budapest, there are only so many people that want to travel to/from BUD so 'let's' fill the aircraft up with thru connections.

October 2011 I travelled LHR-HKG-CEB with a particular Hong Kong based carrier, you might guess the one, but if I'd only wanted to travel LHR-HKG the fare would have been some 30% more expensive than travelling LHR-HKG-CEB ... but the airline are still in business and presumably making a profit.

And it was commonplace when travelling with a particular Zurich based carrier, travelling LHR/BHX/MAN to/from, let's say, Italy via ZRH was normally and significantly cheaper than flying just to/from ZRH.

Have all these carriers got it so wrong?