PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 8th Feb 2012, 23:54
kendalltaryn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question VA Long Haul waiting waiting

I attended a VA AD in December 2010 and progeressed through, yet I missed out on the GS and I went on my honeymoon... I'm now beginning to think that my marriage has ruined my career!!
I have been on the wait list for over 12 months and initially I was contacted every 6 weeks, now, my previous 4 emails have not been responded to. I noticed that VA started recruiting again, so I re applied, yet I have not received a response to my application, HOWEVER I have a friend that applied also, and she received an email, stating that she was unsucessful - so im clinging onto the fact that NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS????!!!
I see that a few of you have already attended an assessment day and that they did mention that they have people in their Talent Pool - Is there anyone on the wait list like me that has heard anything??
For the past year (the first year of my marriage) I have been living away from my husband (seeing him maybe once a week) working as a Solo Flight Attendant, trying to gain experience to become a Cabin Crew Team Member for VA - where flying Long Haul would involve me being away, but also allowing me to have much more time at home.
I have checked my email everyday for the past year in hope of hearing something. I guess I have to keep waiting?!