PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA licenses?
Thread: FAA licenses?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 23:51
Jet Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... He has to have IR from ANYWHERE, VALID, INCLUDING FAA, before doing FAA ATP checkride...
@MartinCh...

you donīt understand me, what I want to say... CRUCIAL thing...he doesnīt have IR from anywhere, valid...thatīs a problem!

He used to fly in IMC conditions in military, but has never put that in civil licence, in civil log book, civil IR exam...posses only ICAO CPL-H without IR-H! Now, he will convert that licence in JAR CPL-H without IR-H!

I have just tried to tell Zlocko, that I think, it is not possible to come in US with JAR CPL-H VFR (btw. I like US way od aviation life- KISS method- keep it simple, been there done that...wonderfull days - to fly with that guys!)...and make one check ride for FAA PPL-H, after that check ride for CPL-H (that will be OK), and after that 2-3 hours and IR-H check ride (that will be a problem), and after that check ride for FAA ATPL-H (not possible without IR...and few more problems like MCC etc etc...)

I just hope that Zlocko will do that with - as much is possible - less money, and have less problems than in his country (CAA)!

OVER AND OUT!

JR