PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small airports, big security hassles
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 18:01
Aero Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
take off your sock and put it in = weapon
xraydice, you can tell us how a pebble in a sock is a weapon until you're blue in the face. But it annoys the hell out of the travelling public! Why? Because how many times has an Ěleach (or any Scotsman for that matter), however irate, turned a pebble and a sock into a weapon?? Few enough for us not to have our liberties restricted to that extent.

Security staff may know the passenger, but what of the "stranger" in the queue behind you....
The stranger in the queue behind you doesn't matter if you're the one carrying the pebble, nor does it matter if you know the poor fellow!! Obviously if he's a complete stranger then that's another matter, but that is more than slightly unlikely in the Hebrides...

Removal of a pebble from a Scottish beach is an offence.
Firing a cannon close to a dwelling house is illegal (Metropolitan Police Act 1839); the use of any slide upon ice or snow is also outlawed (Town Police Clauses Act 1847); driving cattle through the streets of London is prohibited (Metropolitan Streets Act 1867), it is also illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas Day (banned by Oliver Cromwell and never repealed), and according to the Holy Days and Fasting Days Act of 1551 (which has also yet to be repealed) everyone must attend church on Christmas Day on foot.

There is a common phrase at my alma mater, namely
goive. Perhaps you should look it up and take note.

I rest my case.