PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small airports, big security hassles
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 16:37
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the more reason to have just as stringent security at smaller airports.
I agree - I have been inconvenienced at BLK as as my wife and daughter - Who cares if it keeps us safe.

My last contribution to the pebble debate. Pebbles come in all sizes, being pretty is not a reason for it not being confiscated..Example where would it end. a piece of coal polished would look pretty, do we let big lumps of coal though security which like a pebble could have been altered and could contain explosive.would not take much of an explosion at 30,000 feet to bring down an airliner,
My opinion is let the security people get on with their jobs and keep us safe in the air.

Another thing at smaller airports are like at BLK - Spoilers to stop terminals being rammed - I don't like the front of Blackpool airport, but I would like even less being rammed with a car full of explosives, while I was having a pint.
We live in dangerous times and we have to put up with inconvenience, if it keeeps us safe then we just put up with it.

Not just airports that confiscate - I took my 13 year old daughter to the 02 Appolo in Manchester to see a group called All Time Low - I had a miniature Bells on me and I was frisked and they took it - My intention was to drink it after the gig as it was brass monkeys, no use arguing it had to go.
I had to make to with near a £5 a pint of beer instead. I suppose bringing your own in a 5000 venue was silly, as they are just as much a target as an airport.