PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot sues Virgin
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 12:13
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike, thankyou for the warm welcome, it's good to be back after a short hiatus away on business matters. Hopefully we will be sparring again soon! I hope your back gets better soon ol fella.

Now, enough of the warm, fuzzy, group hug bulls#it as it is not in my nature.
I think there is some real merit to this thread. The more procedural, compliance and 'rule book' oriented society becomes the more paperwork required. The upside is that with technological advances a faster solution is required for this exact problem.
I also know accurately that school kids today carry so much school related sh#t in their bags that many younglings are visiting chiro's and physio's for some fairly serious injuries.

As for the VA driver, remember, we all have different body types including strengths and weaknesses. For example one guy may be able to throw around 30 kg bags of cement all day whereas another may be a soft co#k and only able to lift a coffee cup all day. We shouldn't write of this Driver as his claim could be quite legit. Hell I have a mate who is related to a train driver. All the train driver has done for 20 years is push a power lever basically, yet he has had RSI, 2 operations and now hand and wrist arthritis as a result, poor bugger suffers a lot of pain. Yet other Drivers of over 30 years experience haven't had as much as one dose of 'wankers cramp' their entire career! They have been either fortunate or again they have a different body type and are not prone to wrist/hand injuries.
Go figure.

Last edited by gobbledock; 8th Feb 2012 at 22:07.