PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 09:07
hec7or

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, thrust ( power) changes on the tpe331 will not result in any rpm changes on this single shaft engine.
yes, apologies it's nearly 20 years since I last flew TPE331s, but the point I want to make is that the roll to the left which precipitated the loss of control could well have been caused by the faster response of the number two engine and is something I well remember from the J31. I also remember that BAe crashed their demonstrator aircraft in 1992 with the loss of both crew and a small defect was discovered in one of the engines during the investigation.

for me it seems that they came to high and tried to reduce using beta inflight, lost control and stalled out . the small response difference when they at last second applied power again is not the reason for the crash in my opinion.
very relevent if this proves to be true

I note that the report states (from CVR info) that the Captain was handling the thrust levers throughout the final approach - was this the same during the Go Around, giving PF less chance to anticipate changes in the aircraft's handling?
this may have been a big factor

Both crew should have been capable of performing a missed approach from less than 50', it's part of the skills test.