PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I mad?
Thread: Am I mad?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 09:01
Trayman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving On

Grass strip basher, no one is playing me like a sucker. I am doing my research by coming on forums like this and assessing the state of play.
Why would I question there figures, two weeks ago I new very little about the industry..but I am learning fast!
What saddens me is that there are plenty of kids out there who will not ask the hard questions and will be sucked in by these schools and the promise of jobs.
Although people talk about the schools being cynical, there are a number of negative posts on this forum to wannabes like me which are just copied and pasted as a response to someone wanting to get into the industry. That stinks of a 'closed shop' and a 'jobs for the boys' mentality. That doesn't help someone make an informed decision either.
Anyway maybe you didn't see my earlier post but having taken advice from people on here and elsewhere I realise that even though I could go ahead and do it, I would never get the opportunity to pay 100k back. (100k that could go to my kids future.)
Instead, I am just going to do my PPL and enjoy it. (I might even go over to the U.S. for a month and do it.) You never know what might happen down the road..
Happy flying.