PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow academy
Thread: Bristow academy
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 05:30
DauphinDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "Bristow route" is a joke. Bristow Academy uses their name for all its worth. From the 08-09 JAA classes not a single European person I know have gotten a job with Bristow. Even the ones who was an instructor there. As for myself I went the FAA route and I have landed a job, but I am also the only one in my class of 14 people. In BA it seems like kissing a** and knifing your fellow students in the back for an instructing position is the norm. Donīt fall for their marketing ploys and google ranking. And also, the sunshine state is really not ideal when having only a two-hour slot and daily rain showers. Save your money and train elsewhere.
No, I am not disgruntled. I never even did the CFIs, R22-transition or went through their asinine "how-to-find-a-job-class". But speaking of disgruntled, chief pilots who are unable to find a job because they are too old and got into the game too late are still roaming around over Titusville with 6000 hours in the Schweizer 300. Oh, and did I mention TWO of my instructors were fired, simply because they were lazy?

Sorry if very off topic, I got a little carried away.