PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZAA Sequencing
Thread: NZAA Sequencing
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2012, 22:21
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
250kts to 240kts? I can't remember where that occurs but hardly a huge adjustment.
That was my point, it is a tiny adjustment. I wanted to know if controllers thought the designers had been a bit optimistic considering the miriad of other variables that have been listed in this thread.
Hidden amongst the defnsive responses and silly comments I have found answers to both of my questions. Ta.
@PLazbot
I am not an NZ controller and interestingly, where I do work, the retarded pilot is not the anomaly, it is pretty much the rule (save one or two companies). Unfortunately, in a past life I could always assume everyone was going to do the right thing but now, I expect them to do the wrong thing and go from there. An individual I work when asked what he does for a crust tells people he works with Special Needs Adults. Pretty close to the mark.
Do you actually believe that you are controlling a whole lot of people that are ¨retarded¨? Or do you think the system might create conflicting demands on them? The people you are talking about would probably think you were incompetant at managing the energy of a jet if you were suddenly put in actual control of one , but I doubt they would assume you were retarded mentally, just that you hadn't enough experience in that role. Anyway, I learnt something from you when you described creating gaps and fitting aircraft in, cheers for that.