PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal record vs Aviation Career
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2012, 17:27
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The USA "appear" to have access to criminal records from some European countries, & no doubt many others.
For sure there will be a question on your Visa application, which you must decide how to answer.
Whether they will have access to something that happened in Africa ? who knows.
Applying for a work Visa for Namibia, they require me to provide a criminal record from my country of nationality, & of residence (if different) if you are from there, I don't know what will be asked in order to obtain a crew-member-certificate /airport badge, you would have to ask someone employed in the country you are thinking of working, but I would imagine they would ask a clear criminal record from your home country. Best idea is to ask someone who is currently working where you wish to be employed, a lot of variation in exact requirements, & indeed in the UK for example, there are "disqualifying offences" (of which there are many, some rather trivial.) & others which will not prevent you holding an airside badge. It is not a simple Yes or No, but undoubtedly "could" cause you problems,or prevent your employment completely.
Good Luck anyhow