PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th Feb 2012, 09:24
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me, this time around I felt the senators questions were delivered with a lot less punch... It feels like AJ got off lightly yesterday. Be interested in other peoples views.
Yes, I expected the questions to be a lot more direct. I am surprised Doug Cameron was not there or Bob Brown. Whilst Nick X was still pursuing the right angles I am sorry to say he seemed out there on his own.

It is clear to me which side the opposition is on.

Fortunately for us the immigration compliance issue is not a political issue but a law compliance issue and I would like to know what DIAC are doing or have done about it as Border Security have the power to detain the foreign crew at the departure gates or even huckle them off the aircraft just prior to departure for questioning. What are they waiting for??

As for Paul Daff, Joyce did all but admit that Daff acted daft when giving evidence in the Jet-connect Case. Blaming 'stage fright'. I call Bull****!! I am of the opinion that he was strategically told not to tell the court all he knew and just deny everything. If able to be demonstrated this would be called contempt of court and any suggestion of stage fright or anything else is irrelevant. Evidence given to the court should be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... No excuses!!!

More to Follow

The Kelpie